Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Concept 1: Baroque Baby

And so we begin... Friday June 12, 2009


Baroque Baby was the first concept we shot. We named it this because we were inspired by these 2 toddler sized baroque chairs Ebony remembered seeing at this great antique store called Interior Visions on Polk Street.

LOTS to do! We needed the chairs, a floor, a fabric background, and 4 babies! We needed the clothes, a space to shoot, an assistant and... a chandelier?

Lets start with the chairs...husband and wife team and owners of Interior Visions had decided a long time ago that they were not going to rent their furniture to photographers anymore. Too many bad experiences where furniture was returned ruined.

I listened to their stories and concerns about renting. It was just amazing to me how people can be so careless or don't want to take responsibility.

I began to outwardly empathise with their situation and then told them about the 6 concepts and that this particular concept was inspired by these chairs. I don't really know what made them change their mind...but they did! (and I am so appreciative.)

The Chair

Babies! What can I not say about Shannon Malloy at JE Model Management! She has been amazing throughout this whole process and I have had the opportunity to work with some really great kids from the agency. All 4 babies in this series are from JE. Introductions to come!

Then. There was. The chandelier. I had gone to several stores and looked on prop rental websites in a search for a simple but elegant chandelier. Ebony was doing the same. I finally walked in another antique place called Marques. Talked to the owner, Ubi, about the concept and he allowed me to photograph the chandelier in his store to photoshop it in the image later. Great guy! Super nice to talk to!

For the rest: the floor is from Home Depot, the fabric background from Sal Beressi Fabrics Co., Ebony pulled all the clothes, and my assistant for the day was Vicky Woollard (thanks so much for your help woman!)

Now for some pictures!!! Meet the babies:

Abbey

Jasiel

Katherine

Johnathan

Here are a few behind the scenes of us shooting the group shot. It was rather hilarious. Abbey wanted to crawl, Katherine wanted to sit in the chair, Johnathan wanted down and Jasiel just had a grand old time where ever we put her!


Final group shots:

Hilarious!

Here are a few more shots I thought were pretty fun. Including this one of Abbey who really does look like a life size baby doll!


Please comment, send an email, facebook, twitter me! Would love to know your thoughts.

Check out www.daniellehall.net to find out which images made it to my website!

Thanks for reading!

Danielle Hall

1 comment: