Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Im HERE!

IM IN NEW YORK!
I have made a trip to New York every year for the past three years for about a weeks time.  The goal has always been to meet agencies and magazines who have clients with children’s brands.  This trip is no different.  Well, except that I have bought a one way ticket and have sublette a room for the entire month of April!
Today is only day 4.  I am still acclimating to the 3 hour time change but have found some great coffee that is helping me through it!  I have great housemates including a turtle named Lance and 2 dogs, Tate and Jake!   


I have had one scheduled meeting so far and it ended up lasting 1.5 hours (had such a great time!) but have met 4 people randomly who are in the industry and we are hanging later in the week.  You never know where, when or how you will meet people.  So far for me it’s been the plane, the nail salon, the subway and the coffee shop!
The first night I was here I bought my unlimited ride subway card and went to meet Noel, Dana and Mary at El Quijote using my handy dandy Hop Stop app.  I HEART you Hop Stop!  After that I was swooped up by my friend Paul, his girlfriend Tonya and his cousin Kia.  After a bunch of squeeling and a few tears from not seeing him is so long we made our way to the East Village for dinner and drinks, then a hurried search for Buttercup Bakery for some yummy cupcakes!  After that we went and did a little site seeing.
Getting back to the apartment was another story....I got lost and my phone died on me.  I ended up just asking a few people where I needed to go and was able to find the apartment.  :o)

Even with that, everything has been great so far.  Thank you all for your calls and emails.  I will be in touch, for sure!  Here are a few images of the view from the roof.  Awesome!

Thanks for looking!
xoxo,

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment