Monday, March 28, 2011

Count Down to NY Begins!

My trip to New York is coming up pretty quick!  Everything seems to be falling into place and I was able to find a great place in Williamsburg where I will be living for the month of April. 

Finding a place wasn't as quick and easy as I had though it would be. I first searched and searched Craigslist but after not hearing back from most people and the one person I did hear back from ended up being a scam I had a bit of a bad taste in my mouth about this whole process.  At least I didn't loose money on the situation.

Onward!  I checked out countless websites, posted on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and emailed everyone I knew.  The results... AMAZING!  Thank you all for passing my info on to your friends and family.  I received so many emails that gave me options in price and neighborhood until there was one that fully fit my budget and needs.

I found my place on something that wasn't even a website.  It was an email forwarded on to me by a friend.  A woman named Stephanie Diamond started an email called the Listings Project.  In 2003 Stephanie was in graduate school looking for a place to live close to campus. She emailed everyone in her personal email list to inquire about apartments for rent within the arts community and found a place.  Well, the emails continued to pour in and she couldn’t resist sharing what was available.  Check out her story here: Listing Project

Other great websites passed on to me that proved to have great options, pictures and were reputable include: airbnb.com, nyhabitat.com, and nycityliving.com.  I hope this helps you when you make your trip out to NY!

The count down has begun!  New York...here I come!

Danielle Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment