Sunday, April 17, 2011

Bill Cunningham New York


(picture borrowed from the IFC Website)
I am still blown away…Thursday I met up with Erin for coffee and then we were on our way to the IFC Center to watch the Bill Cunningham Documentary.  (thanks for the recommendation Dana!)

Bill Cunningham is a street photographer who has been documenting the fashion trends in New York for decades.  You get a sense of who Bill is, his love for what he does and the respect others have for him.  

What I saw was a person who, without a doubt, sticks to what he believes in.  He just wont do something if  it compromises his self, his beliefs, his intentions for a photograph… I don’t know if we really got 100% of who Bill is but I think people will leave feeling that he is a kind man doing what he loves to do and hasn’t compromised who he is in anyway for it.     

You can check out the trailer for the movie here: Bill Cunningham New York

Danielle Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment