Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Vote For Me!

 Where do you spend your marketing dollars? Website, emailers, direct mail, photoserve, foundfolios, blackbook, workbook?  The list can go on and on!


One of the things I have been doing to promote myself is to enter as many contests as I possibly can!  They are cheaper than taking an ad out in a source book (is that still something people do?)  and if you win more people see it due to all the hype the contest puts out there to promote it!

And with most contests these days there is an added opportunity to a “People’s Choice” award.  This is usually to win a prize and recognition based on votes from your peers.  You are promoting yourself and creating awareness of the contest.   

If I had not entered a contest I would never have had the opportunity to be featured several times in Photographers Forum and Graphis Photography Annual or be chosen as the winner for APA Something Personal. 

I have recently entered a contest out of New York called 3rd Ward, The Open Call.

Winning the grand prize would mean a 3 month residency in New York, $5,000 grant and a solo show in a NY Gallery at the end of the 3 months. 

That would be so amazing and humbling at the same time.  Can you imagine!

Not only that, but with all expenses paid on flight and a place to stay for 3 months it would position me so that I could also promote myself in New York by showing my portfolio, meet the people I have been in contact with only through email and follow up on the leads who said they would hire me if I lived in New York. 

Winning this could be just the boost my career needs so how could I not enter and promote!?!  I encourage you to do the same!!!

You never know.    

Would you vote for me and help me receive more votes by emailing the link to your friends, posting this on your Facebook, Twitter and/or Linkedin?

You can vote here: 3rd Ward, The Open Call

What contests have you entered and won?  What did that do for you and your career?  Let me know where I can vote for you!

Thank you for reading!

Danielle Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment