Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Getting Ready for 2011

A few things I have been thinking about and getting myself ready for in the new year:  Video. Promo Mailers.  Emailers. New Website.

Video is one that I have been mulling over for quite a while. From what I can tell from the many photo seminars, webinars, websites, blogs, “hear say” and tweets… video is in. 

I cant say that I feel comfortable expanding into this new realm when I am already doing what I can to stay on top of, updated and promoting my photography but this does not seem to be something that is just a trend. 

It feels a bit overwhelming but I am finally feeling its time to fully embrace where the industry is taking me.  Stay tuned for some collaborative photo and video work on my new website! 

Promo and emailers... As you know, most go straight into the recycling bin!  There is no right or wrong answer on how to do it, make it, package it, size it, amount of pictures, text or no text as long as it drives the point home: Standing out to grab the buyers attention.  So where does that leave you? 

I felt a little lost at first.  I mean, really?  Yes, it IS that subjective.  Yes, it IS about timing.  So, I am going to show the best images I have created, with simple design and send it off to a very targeted list of people I am confident would love and need the type of work I do.    

Wish me luck in 2011.  Thank you for your support and all of your feedback.  I love hearing from you!

Danielle Hall

P.S.  Here are a few interesting blogs I have read that have helped me with a few of my questions.  Hope it helps you, too!

2 comments:

  1. I think you have a good plan there. Best of luck with it.

    As I've heard it, they hate all promos except for the ones that they love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank man!

    "As I've heard it, they hate all promos except for the ones that they love." Hilarious! :o)

    ReplyDelete