Saturday, July 24, 2010

What do you do in down time?

Man, I can get some of the most interesting shots during down time.  The talent isn't expecting a camera to be lurking in their peripheral so they are off guard and not paying attention to me.  In this case, Erica was thinking really hard about her lines for her next scene in the children's video Flossman.   

Then... she caught me!  And did a fake, over dramatic cry,"You captured my soul! My SOoooUL! Ahhh!"

 

I have shown these to a few people and it has made them feel really uncomfortable to see a child this upset.  So uncomfortable in fact, that they don't like it because of the way it makes them feel.  Thats pretty amazing to me!

I guess that means I am doing my job as an artist to be able to evoke that kind of emotion from someone by just looking at these photographs... thats pretty empowering.  

Thanks for looking!

Danielle Hall

1 comment:

  1. Hey (it's Dan)... Love it, keep the great blogs coming! Reposted: http://www.facebook.com/ambientplus

    ReplyDelete