Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Who did you meet today?

It never ceases to amaze me how when you are following the right track, life is so much easier and when you do something that is against the grain or natures plan, how hard life can be...

Last week was a great week!  I have been inspired and the creative block has been removed.  And about time too!  I think it started with an email I received from a friend I have been out of contact with for quite some time.  The content of her email made me smile and I am so happy to hear that she is doing well.  

Next, after a year of trying to meet up with this particular wardrobe stylist, Ebony Haight, we finally had the opportunity to meet for breakfast.  We totally clicked and what was suppose to be just a meet and greet turned out to be a full on idea fest!  We came up with 6 concepts to be shot over the next couple of months (2.5...ambititous I know!!!)  and we are already shooting the first idea this Friday the 12th!  

In prop shopping for this shoot I randomly met the former Marketing Director of Macy's and then in the same day, met a guy whose friend is an Art Director for GAP.  (WHAT!?!?!)  He also has a friend who designs children clothing from Japan and loves to shoot in the Napa area. Then, I randomly met this other guy at Home Depot who needs some interior shots done and we will be discussing that next week.  (you can see my interior and architecture work at www.daniellehall.net/arch)

You never know who you will meet when or where!  

Note to self and others: 
1. Always look your best.  
2. Be nice to everyone.  
3. Talk to everyone.
4. Think, "How can I help this person?" NOT, "How can this person help me?" 
5. Carry more business cards then you think you need.  (haha!)
6. Always wear a smile.
7. Hold the door/elevator open.
8. Give up your seat.
9. Breakfast is important...eat up!
10. Stay connected.
11. Be ready!

I am so excited for the weeks ahead!  Thanks for reading!

Danielle Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment