Thursday, May 7, 2009

Getting the Creative Juices Flowing!!!

Looking for things/ways to get the creative juices flowing.  THAT! and things to stay motivated in this down economy.  I know, I know...everyone is sick of hearing about the economy.  Ha! But I cant help but think that this is all a blessing in disguise.  Or at least that's what I am telling myself!

I think its true though.  =o)

A while ago I got cut off from what I called a SWEET bread and butter gig because they needed to show their stock holders that they were being conservative with the advertising budget.  I understood but darn it!  That stung a bit.  Good thing I didn't have all my eggs in one basket. But I have to say it was definitely a big ole push out of my comfort zone and to REALLY start marketing myself.  

Thanks to some really amazing mentors, uh I mean friends! (They don't really want to be called mentors-haha!)  I have received some amazing feedback out my work and the validation I was looking for to push my new marketing campaign.  

Ive already had a few meetings with some agencies in SF and am working on having a show to display my Children's Photography.  (Cross fingers and toes that it all pans out!)

Speaking of motivators...and getting the creative juices flowing , lets go back to the beginning of this post before I set off on this tangent!  I was going through HOW Magazine at Borders the other day and was reading about Stephan G. Bucher with his "Monster a Day" illustrations (www.dailymonster.com) and Noah Scalin with his www.skulladay.blogspot.com .   Intrigued I am!  No I am trying to come up with a concept that fits me.  

Hmm...any ideas? =o)

Thanks for reading!

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment