Saturday, April 3, 2010

Today in SF...

I still have lots to catch you up on since my birthday which was March 12th and I promise I will get to that but its been such a great day so far and there is still so much to do and to happen I thought I would get an early start... 

These types of mornings have become quite special to me.  Waking up well rested, embraced, face nuzzled in his neck shared with the cute weather lady on tv whose name I cant ever seem to remember, followed by a somewhat morning routine which usually is me staying in bed as long as I possibly can before actually having to jump in the shower and get out to start the day.

Starting the day usually means starting with some amazing coffee shop location.  Usually Dynamo or Vega.  This mornings location was Blue Danube Cafe.  This is the second time we have been there and haven't been disappointed yet!       
Day continues...FINALLY catching up on some emails and other business stuff when I heard some drumming outside of my apartment.  It sounded like a marching band marching down my street.  SO OF COURSE I totally geeked out, grabbed my phone, camera, and keys and ran out the door!

Well, though it sounded like a marching band... it wasn't.  Not even close!  

As I was walking back to my apartment I asked the first person I saw what was going on.  The guy, Sandeep,  just so happened to be Indian and apparently he and his fiance will be my new neighbor as of next week!  (and I some how I managed to get invited to his house warming party as well! Haha!)     

The drumming I heard was actually an Indian Precession.  This is a pre-wedding ceremony where, as you can see below, the groom is riding a horse and is followed by his family and friends on their way to the brides house or wherever she is getting ready. 
Wow...what a morning!  Now I need to jet out for a friends Kick Ball Birthday extravaganza!  Cant wait!

Thanks for reading!

Danielle Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment